Tuesday 6 December 2016

What Is The Best Part of Your Day?

Think of life , like your 5 year old self would, because logic will get you from A to Z . But imagination holds the power to take you everywhere. 

We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry. 
It deserves a good diet , doesn't it?
So what if, instead of thinking about solving your whole life at a time, you think of the additional good things this time. 
One at a time. Just let your pile of good things grow.

My sister once asked me , 'What is the best part of your day?'
You know, I hardly had an answer,  I thought of my night's sleep. That can't be the best part,  I'm hardly aware of it.
I realised our lives are so messy that we miss the good part because of our preoccupied mind. 

Now I know, 
I love that moment , when I'm on a long car ride , listening to music or reading a good book. And I completely zone out. 
Or when I help a little girl write her name . 
I forget all my troubles and everyone around me. 
I'm focused on that one thing only.
I'm content and everything seems so peaceful.

You know , as a little girl, I imagined chocolate rains , candy castles or a staircase on the rainbow. 
But today , comparison has stolen our joys.
All we can imagine is perfect skin and perfect scores.  We call our lives boring. The same old schedule, unless there's a grand party.
Why ? 
No one else holds that answer for you,  
You do.
Think about your day, today.
Couldn't it be better ?

Couldn't it be better if you woke up a little earlier,  looked at the peaceful sunrise,  did all the chores early and had a day of your own.

Couldnt it be better, if you did what was required instead of complaining and ruining your own mood?

Couldn't it be better , if you forgot about arguing and contributed , a little more? 

It could have been better in a million more ways. And , No one else can do it for you as good as you can.

So, for once,  think of life like your 5 year old self would ,because logic will get you from A to Z . But imagination holds the power to take you everywhere. 

We can be a little illogical for a while, amidst  our very serious exams or work.  can't we?




1 comment:

Do you believe in magic?

Do you believe in magic? Because, I do. There is magic, and I'm pretty sure you don't believe me. That's because magic is real b...